Acer care center Malfunctioning

Options
TheZodiac
TheZodiac Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
I've been using the Acer care center for a while and when I updated it to the newest version recently it worked fine but now it suddenly doesn't open when I click it instead a popup comes saying that the care center is initializing. What can I do to fix this I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that too didn't work. does anyone know a workaround for this problem??

Comments

• 1937Dodge
    1937Dodge Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Same problem
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options
    1937Dodge said:
    Same problem
    try to un-install the application and install it from this link https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/software-acer-care-center
  • MechaNick
    MechaNick Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    TheZodiac said:
    I've been using the Acer care center for a while and when I updated it to the newest version recently it worked fine but now it suddenly doesn't open when I click it instead a popup comes saying that the care center is initializing. What can I do to fix this I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that too didn't work. does anyone know a workaround for this problem??

Exactly! I am facing the same problem. Earlier I was using Acer Care Center version 3.00.3007 which was preinstalled and was working fine. I saw a new update of this application on acer product support site and it was version 4.00.3001. Auto update on older version was not working, so I downloaded this newer version and installed it after removing older version. That was the big mistake, since this newer version don't work. I am facing the same issues you are facing and looking for solution. There is no option of downloading older version of the application on acer website but I got it from another country Acer Product Support site. I downloaded the older version and now it's working. Here is the link:-
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/7654;-;

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    on the acer website, type ph717-71. then download version 3006 from acer Care center.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • 1937Dodge
    Options
    1937Dodge said:
    Same problem
    Tried that solution twice didn't work. Error message after repeated fresh download and install attempt still reads "Acer care service is still initializing" when I click on the Care Center icon. 

Acer

ASPIRE TC 865

TC-865-NESelecti5

PN: DTBARAA.002

BIOS: Updated to R02-C0 on 11-20-19

Clean install Windows 10 Home 1910 with all current Windows and Acer driver update

Upgraded to 16 GB ram 2X8 2666 and Intel NVMe M2 660P 1TB

• 1937Dodge
    Options
    My mistake.  I was able to locate the "Acer Care Center_Acer_4.00.3006_W10x64" file you referred to and successfully install and run it.  Interestingly, the Acer TC-865 download site still lists the incompatible "Acer Care Center_Acer_3.00.3007_W10x64" download.
    Thanks for your assistance.
  • 1937Dodge
    Options
    Nope, still not working  still reads "Acer care service is still initializing" when I click on the Care Center icon. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What happens when you install appxbundle?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • wildwolf15
    wildwolf15 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    MechaNick said:
    TheZodiac said:

Exactly! I am facing the same problem. Earlier I was using Acer Care Center version 3.00.3007 which was preinstalled and was working fine. I saw a new update of this application on acer product support site and it was version 4.00.3001. Auto update on older version was not working, so I downloaded this newer version and installed it after removing older version. That was the big mistake, since this newer version don't work. I am facing the same issues you are facing and looking for solution. There is no option of downloading older version of the application on acer website but I got it from another country Acer Product Support site. I downloaded the older version and now it's working. Here is the link:-
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/7654;-;

did the update remove some features? it removed the storage and memory checks that it had previously, is there any way to add those back? I had the same issue on my PH315-52..where it said "the care center is initializing"
  • ploegi
    ploegi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I bought an Acer Nitro 5 recently and encountered this problem immediately. It seems to occur quite often after restarting. The first time I resolved it by re-installing Care Center. The next time it happened I opened services and looked for services that could be related to care center that was not running and found one called "diagsvc" with description "Diagnostic Execution Service" that was stopped. I started it and then Acer Care Center started successfully!

Overall I think Acer Care Center seems like a pretty bad application as it resets settings sporadically. I often use my laptop with the AC adapter plugged in and I have set it to limit the battery charge level to 80%. But that setting is turning off now and then so I have to always go in and check it and quite often re-activate the feature. It is so frustrating.
  • rrr_hhh
    rrr_hhh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    ploegi said:
    I bought an Acer Nitro 5 recently and encountered this problem immediately. It seems to occur quite often after restarting. The first time I resolved it by re-installing Care Center. The next time it happened I opened services and looked for services that could be related to care center that was not running and found one called "diagsvc" with description "Diagnostic Execution Service" that was stopped. I started it and then Acer Care Center started successfully!a

Overall I think Acer Care Center seems like a pretty bad application as it resets settings sporadically. I often use my laptop with the AC adapter plugged in and I have set it to limit the battery charge level to 80%. But that setting is turning off now and then so I have to always go in and check it and quite often re-activate the feature. It is so frustrating.

ploegi said:
    I bought an Acer Nitro 5 recently and encountered this problem immediately. It seems to occur quite often after restarting. The first time I resolved it by re-installing Care Center. The next time it happened I opened services and looked for services that could be related to care center that was not running and found one called "diagsvc" with description "Diagnostic Execution Service" that was stopped.

Many thanks, that was a great tip : it did the trick for me and the app finally was able to initialize and I finally could create my recovery USB key. Yes it didn't seem particularly responsive to me neither.

• rrr_hhh
    rrr_hhh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    alas it didn't last long.. now I can't keep diagvsc working... as soon as i restart it, it stop almost immediately. I tried to change the properties to automatic, but it didn't change that behaviour..
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @rrr_hhh Ideally, you should create a new topic and add me by placing an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• GRPHXMSTR
    GRPHXMSTR Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    ploegi said:
    I bought an Acer Nitro 5 recently and encountered this problem immediately. It seems to occur quite often after restarting. The first time I resolved it by re-installing Care Center. The next time it happened I opened services and looked for services that could be related to care center that was not running and found one called "diagsvc" with description "Diagnostic Execution Service" that was stopped. I started it and then Acer Care Center started successfully!

Thanks sir, really helped me out.. I really want to open care center because of the 80% battery care thing it has. I just did what you said and it worked right away.