Is the Micron MT18KSF1G72HZ-1G6E2ZF compatible with E5-576G-56SL laptop? Boot issue.

Sebastian100
Sebastian100 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought two MT18KSF1G72HZ-1G6E2ZF memory modules (8GB 2RX8 PC3L-12800S-11-13-D1). After I inserted the modules into the laptop I can't boot. The blue led indicating power is turned on and no image is displayed on the screen.

Here is a screen capture from CPU-Z with the original memory module. Please advise.

Answers

• What happens when you insert one module? try switching around and see whether they are working in any slot.
  • Sebastian100
    Sebastian100 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I tried booting with module one in both slots. Then I used the second module and I tried both slots. It didn't work. When I press the power button I hear the DVD spinning up but I don't see the ACER BIOS logo on the screen. The Micron DDR3L ECC modules are new. The chances are very small that both of them are faulty. I also handeled them with care to avoid ESD.
    I tried the 4GB module that came with the laptop in both slots. It is working fine.
    Maybe the BIOS timings/parameters are not correct. In this case a BIOS update should fix the issue.
    What can I do to fix the issue? Is it possible to contact Acer for support directly?