Puppy meets laptop Aspire 5

SWoermke
SWoermke Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an

Acer Aspire 5 15.6" Notebook, 2.7 GHz AMD A12-9720P, 1 TB HDD, 8 GB DDR4, Windows 10 Home A515-41G-11FF

which I purchased last year, and is no longer under warranty.  My puppy chewed on the power cord while I was using it, and although I have a new cord, the battery is no longer charging (no charge indicator light).  Is it possible it’s shorted out somewhere in the system, or perhaps the DC jack got fried.  Thinking I may just purchase another and swap the hard drive over.  

Anyone have any ideas/advice?

Thanks!
Sue

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    SWoermke

Sounds like the dog's chewing may have punctured parallel insulated lines so that they get shorted out. It shouldn't hurt the laptop however, you may perform a power reset.
    Also, make sure that you are using a replacement adapter with same specification.
    You can contact Acer store to get the correct replacement AC adapter for your laptop (65W 19V).
    https://store.acer.com/

>>Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful =)
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!