Acer Aspire One 725-0802 - Battery issue

System
System Member Posts: 4,543 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: 0% available (plugged in, not charging) acer aspire 5830TG.

Comments

• mejorgabriel
    mejorgabriel Member Posts: 1 New User
    PeppyZip said:
    I am experiencing a similar issue with an Acer Aspire One 725-0802 netbook that I recently inherited from my daughter.  She is in grad school and hasn't used the netbook is a few years.  I installed Lubuntu 16.0.4 as I prefer the Linux OS over Windows.  First thing I noticed was that the original stock battery was completely dead.  The Linux power manager indicated that it was "charging", but level would not jump above 0%.  Figured the L-ion battery had slowly died from lack of use so I ordered a replacement from Amazon.  The replacement charged to 100% but would consistently die when charge level dropped below 65% with no warning.  Ordered a second replacement from Amazon only to find that the second battery would not charge at all.  Again, power manager indicated it was "charging", but no increase in percentage.  As soon as I unplugged the PC from AC I would lose power.  The orange LED indicates the battery is charging with power power off and AC plugged in, but it goes dark after a few hours without changing to blue to indicate a charged battery.  Also tried charging for several hours with the netbook booted to BIOS, but no luck.  Cleaning the battery contacts on the netbook with de-oxidation spray also failed to yield results.

It's entirely possible that I got two bad batteries in a row.  What's strange is that two supposedly new replacement batteries from two different Amazon vendors would cause two distinctly different issues.  Suffice to say both batteries are going back to Amazon for refund.  I'm a little apprehensive to order yet a third battery at this point just to run into the same issues.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    I'm having exactly the same problem you described, but until now I tried with just one new battery. Could you solve that problem? How did you do it? Thanks in advance, I don't know how to make this work