Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43-R88N built-in SSD not recognized

Warrolen
Warrolen Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43-R88N - NH.Q5XEX.010_250SSDNVME from local site and it arrived today. When I was about to install Windows 10, it showed me only the 1 TB HDD but not SSD. Right after that when I was on desktop and and after I installed updates, it somehow/randomly asked me to choose between MBR/GPT and then I saw the SSD in Disk Management. However, I wanted to install Windows on it, so I deleted it again through the Windows installer, and it became invisible again. Btw, it has secure boot enabled and UEFI.

It has:
  • 1TB SATA 5400rpm
  • 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD

How do I manage it? Note that I didn't upgrade it or something, it just arrived and everything is built-in.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    First check the BIOS menu information tab to make sure both drives are recognized and described. Then set a supervisor password. Save BIOS settings and exit. Then turn the machine off. Turn it back on and reenter the BIOS menu with the password. Turn off secure boot. Save settings and exit again. Then try to re-install Win10 on the SSD. The boot drive must GPT partitioned in UEFI bootstrap.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Warrolen
    The problem is that the SSD is only sometimes visible. I have no idea why. By sometimes, I mean once I installed Windows, it asked me to choose between MBR and GPT and it added it somehow but then when I deleted all partitions and started over again, it disappeared again. I updated BIOS to 1.06 (found it by laptop serial number) and BIOS recognized it but then on the next BIOS opening, it wasn't shown again.
  • JackE
    >>>BIOS recognized it but then on the next BIOS opening, it wasn't shown again.>>>

Are you referring to the BIOS Information tab or the BIOS boot tab? It must always appear in the Information tab. If it doesn't and only sometimes appears , it probably needs to be re-seated in its m.2 socket or there is a problem with the m.2 SSD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Warrolen
    I'm refering to the information tab. I just bought it. Before opening it I will contact them and post back.
  • JackE
    >>>I just bought it. Before opening it I will contact them and post back.>>>

Agreed! Yes, please let us know the vendor/seller response. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ