Acer Aspire 5733 - Can't get laptop to do anything - blue screen

dejandre
dejandre Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
while using windows 10 and uninstalling utorrent  i did a clean up ,shortly after my screen turned blue and i cannot see or do anything. I have tried installing bios without success.can i do a reinstall of windows 10 even if i cannot get to bios or do anything else. i have the aspire 5733.thank you in anticipation 

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @dejandre
    Blue screens are generally caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or issues with its hardware driver software. Sometimes, they can be caused by issues with low-level software running in the Windows kernel. Regular apps usually won’t be able to cause blue screens. If an app crashes, it will do so without taking the operating system out with it.

Please try a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger, power On the laptop and check the issue.

By default, Windows automatically restarts the computer whenever it encounters a blue screen of death. The quick and easy solution is to just turn off the automatic reboot option and force the blue screen to stay there.
    Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe, and click on OK to open advanced System Properties. Click on the Settings button under Startup and Recovery. Uncheck (disable) the Automatically restart box under System failure for what you want, and click on OK. You can now close advanced System Properties.

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"
  • dejandre
    Hi TOM2019
    My laptop does not have a reset hole,to rest with.
    I dont have ANY access to Win+R or getting to a screen with options.
    I tried using a flash drive with updated bios ,But no change.
    if I press f2 or f10 i get no response.
    But if I switch laptop on and leave it for a while one can \hear the laptop has loaded as it gives that sound of been  loaded .
    So still looking for a way to get screen back ..
    Thanks again

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Sounds like the cleanup got rid of important stuff. You'll want to boot from an install flash drive to access repairs. Do you have access to another system in order to create that boot image?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • dejandre
    hi thanks ,how can i create a boot image ,i do have a different laptop to use.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Sure, there are two common ways to deal with it. Microsoft has a Media Creation Tool that downloads and installs to a flash drive, just use a drive that's 8GB or larger and it will handle everything from there. The other common option is to use Rufus with an ISO image downloaded from Microsoft. Rufus has instructions built in for creating an install image that's bootable in more environments than the Windows tool.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.