E1 572 SSD setup

ViniRust
ViniRust Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I've just bought an A400 480GB for swap with my HD (it's just as trash as it can be), but I'm wondering is there any difference to setup windows from nothing on it, or it's basically the same thing as on PC? Can I just get an download MCT, create the ISO, use Rufus (btw, GPT or MBR?) to setup the flash drive and proceed with the setup, or is there any special step to do with Acer laptops?

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You can either perform a clean install with the method you described or migrate the contents of old HDD to the new SSD, if you do a clean install you will lose any settings and the programs you have in the HDD but if you migrate your HDD contents to new SSD, everything will be as in the HDD. yes, you need to select GPT type in Rufus.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You can either perform a clean install with the method you described or migrate the contents of old HDD to the new SSD, if you do a clean install you will lose any settings and the programs you have in the HDD but if you migrate your HDD contents to new SSD, everything will be as in the HDD. yes, you need to select GPT type in Rufus.