New Acer Swift 3 with Thunderbolt 3 - which Thunderbolt controller?

kidp
kidp Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
 I would like to know which version of Thunderbolt 3 controller is incorporated in the new model of Acer Swift 3. Is it a Titan Ridge or older controller? It's very important because of the possible support of DisplayPort 1.4.
Thank you in advance

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening kidp !

What EXACT model of your laptop?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• kidp
    Acer Swift 3 i5-1035G1/8GB/512GB, SF314-57 || NX.HJFEP.003
    I want to buy it, but only if Thunderbolt 3 will support DisplayPort 1.4

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• kidp
    I know the basic specs, but that didn't answer the question. Here Thunderbolt of course via USB type c supports DisplayPort, but which version of DisplayPort? It may be as well DisplayPort 1.2, that's why I asked about Titan Ridge controller which supports DisplayPort 1.4 in Thunderbolt.
  • kidp
    Is it possible for someone to answear my question? Does Thunderbolt 3 in new Acer Swift 3 support DisplayPort 1.4?