Nitro AN715-51-79CU - RAM Upgradability - Warranty Void Sticker

gautamhans
gautamhans Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi Acer Community,

So, I recently picked up a AN715-51-79CU considering that I will upgrade the RAM from 8GB to 16GB. But while opening the back panel, I found a "Acer India Warranty - Void if sticker removed" sticker on one of the screw hole. 
Searched this forum and most of the answers seems to be related to Non Indian warranties. 

Upon checking with the local customer service center, I was told that upgrading a RAM will cost ₹750 (~$11USD). And If I do it myself, the warranty will get void. 
Has anyone experienced this? Wouldn't I be able to upgrade the RAM myself if Acer is doing marketing of this laptop as "Upgradable RAM".

Sorry for the rant. 
If I plan to pay them 30% of the cost of the new RAM, I am planning to upgrade to: Amazon 
I am open to more recommendations. Thank you!

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    It is unfortunate but it is the case in some countries and not others, although some people have mentioned here that Acer have told them that if no damage occurs then the warranty is still good. In the USA it is illegal to do that so you can upgrade your own RAM. No responsible person in this community will advise you to void your warranty, I am sorry you don't have much choice. If you decide to go ahead with the upgrade, Crucial guarantee compatibility for your exact model which takes out the guesswork, I write down the part number and buy it from Amazon, it is cheaper and faster delivery, the link is below
    Please click YES if I have helped solve your problem, thankyou
    https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/nitro-5-an515-51#MEMORYFilters

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★