In search of a white ED273 with 144hz

Pciber
Pciber Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hello there,

I'm after a monitor for my wife for Christmas. She currently has two white 27" Samsung curved monitors, mounted on a dual monitor stand with VESA mounts. I want to upgrade one of them to 144hz and match it as close as I can, and the white ED273 (ED273A?) seems to fit the bill - it's white, it has a VESA mount, it's 1080p, and it's 144hz... But it doesn't seem to exist anymore.

I see unboxing videos on Youtube of the ED273 in white, listing 144hz on the outer box. some list it as ED273 abidpx, others as ED273A, others as ED273 wmidx. When I go to shop for it on Amazon, Newegg, or even Acer's website I can only find the 144hz version in black. The white version is only available in 60hz, maybe 75hz.

Was this discontinued? If so, can you suggest another monitor that's 27", white, 1080p, has a VESA mount, and 120+hz?

Thanks.

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    @Pciber

the Maximum Resolution(Full HD)1920 x 1080@144 Hz for More information  
    Please Visit https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/UM.HE3EE.A01

"Hit Accept if its helpful" 
  • Pciber
    Pciber Member Posts: 2 New User
    Tom2019 said:
    @Pciber

the Maximum Resolution(Full HD)1920 x 1080@144 Hz for More information  
    Please Visit https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/UM.HE3EE.A01

"Hit Accept if its helpful" 
    That's great!... Except I'm in the US. I can have it shipped to me from Amazon.co.uk, but after GBP to USD conversion and shipping it ends up being nearly twice the cost of the black version that I can find in the US. That means it'd be cheaper to risk breaking it and voiding the warranty to take apart a black one and spray paint the casing white, or finding a significantly better white monitor (maybe 240hz, or 2k resolution) that's available in the US.

For what it's worth I tried looking up that same model on Acer's US site by searching for that model string (UM.HE3EE.A01), and by changing the URL from  "GB" to "US". Neither produced results. I also tried something similar on Amazon, searching by model name (ED273awidpx), and by ASIN used on Amazon.co.uk.

• Hillary
    Hillary Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have also been trying to search for this specific monitor but no luck. If you do end up finding something similar or better please update!