Switch3-312 update to BIOS 1.15 failed

mola
mola Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
It started when the Synapsis touchpad stopped working after win update... I saw the bios update and installed it. When computer restart it "prepares for automatic repair" which dosn´t work.
I need to start the computer from USB and of course I dont have an emergency disc.
According to serial number it´s the corect BIOS, previous version was 1.13

I would very much appriciate any help.

Comments

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    First remove the charger. Then gently insert a paperclip into the reset pinhole on the bottom for about 10 secs. Let the machine rest for 15 mins. Then plug the charger back in and turn it on.

If no joy, then shut the machine down by pressing and holding the power button. Then turn it  back on again and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. If you get inside the BIOS menu, check that the F12 boot option and D2D recovery option are enabled. Save settings and exit.

If still a failure, then shut the machine completely off again. Turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below. You have a choice of a full erase everything factory reset or a partial refresh while trying to save your personal files. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mola
    mola Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Thank you. Reseting windows solved the problem.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    Congrats on your success! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ