hi, i was wondering if i can replace my board in a g3-710 system

nanman
nanman Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
my son tried reseating his gpu and broke the slot on the motherboard. i was wondering if i could get a new board and still use all the components. also which board would i have to get?

Best Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,274 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hello,
    As you already have your own Windows license key (the new motherboard doesn't have a license key embedded in the bios), you can create an ISO file with Media Creation Tool on another computer and perform a fresh install. The Acer drivers and applications are available from the Acer support website.
    France
  • laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    nanman said:
    Is there a way to use the key from my original predator board to my new one?
    Hello,
    No because the original license key is embedded in the bios of the motherboard. If you want to use this one, you have to buy a new motherboard from an Acer parts partner. It will be shipped with the original license key.
    I would like to thank you for all your help and information 
    You're welcome :)
    France

Answers

• Hello,
    May be a local electronic shop can repair it. You should also find motherboard repair services which will replace the socket in your country.
    France
  • nanman
    if i have them fix that and find out there is something else is wrong, then i would be out quite a bit of $$$. I took the gpu and installed it into another machine just to find out that is fried. Apparently he didn't know he broke it and pushed the gpu back into it and turned the machine on..
  • Okay. In this case,
    1. Could you give me the first ten characters of the desktop serial number (S/N)?
    2. Does he use the pre-installed version of Windows (shipped with the desktop)?
    France
  • nanman
    d6b14aa008 and yes he used the one installed
  • Hello,
    Thanks. This desktop is DG.B14AA.008 - Aspire Predator G3-710-UC11. The Acer part number of the motherboard is:
    DB.B1411.001 - MAINBOARD G3-710 INTEL B150 SKY LAKE RTL8111GA ACER LOGO UATX LF
    As he used the pre-installed version of Windows, you have to buy the new motherboard from an Acer parts partner. FYI, the license key is embedded in the bios.
    France
  • nanman
    thank you for the information, I don't have a problem with getting a new win10 license so that is why I was wondering what kind of new board I can put in the unit. I already have a win10 license.
  • nanman
    So I found a place that has the acer board but the sales man said it doesn’t come with the operating system, is there a way to get the operating system from his unit 
  • laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    Hello,
    As you already have your own Windows license key (the new motherboard doesn't have a license key embedded in the bios), you can create an ISO file with Media Creation Tool on another computer and perform a fresh install. The Acer drivers and applications are available from the Acer support website.
    France
  • nanman
    Is there a way to use the key from my original predator board to my new one, and I would like to thank you for all your help and information 
  • laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    nanman said:
    Is there a way to use the key from my original predator board to my new one?
    Hello,
    No because the original license key is embedded in the bios of the motherboard. If you want to use this one, you have to buy a new motherboard from an Acer parts partner. It will be shipped with the original license key.
    I would like to thank you for all your help and information 
    You're welcome :)
    France