Predator PO3-600 PERFORMANCE ISSUES

RCAF36
RCAF36 Member Posts: 1 New User
Bought this system in August and it has been nothing but trouble.  Twice mailed back to Acer for video and LAN issues.  The computer takes forever to load games and when loaded the games tend to lag and jerky.  My 6 year old desktop that I kept loads stuff faster. My network is good. 

Has anyone else had the same issue.  I would reformat the hard drive and do a clean Windows install if Acer provided the disks when I purchased the computer.  Very disappointed in this machine.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Do you have a HDD or SSD? If a HDD you might have enough remapped sectors to cause unusually slow access because of the extra seeks. A SSD would likely do a good job of fixing the issues if so.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Tom03320313652
    Tom03320313652 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, i also have a Predator P03-600 the first desktop i had multiple issues, firstly it stopped working all together and would not boot up, when checking BIOS it didn't recognize that it had a hard drive to boot from. i sent it away for repair. it then start acting up in games where the FPS would drop to 0 and be jerky/laggy. and after 3 more  attempted repairs i got a replacement machine.

The new machine about 11 months old, up to now has been fine until, last week where it will no longer connect to the internet when hard wired, will only connect to the internet on WiFi. i tried to re-install the lan adapter and that didn't help because it failed to install, i also tried re-installing windows and that also didn't help. 
    currently seeking advice/help through Acer!

• Slickefex
    Slickefex Member Posts: 2 New User
    I've had this machine almost 3 years now.. I've come across multiple of issues but the 2 main issues I've had were Network card issue and Lags when playing warzone.
    Power settings fixed the issue but only for a while, so stopped playing games on it for a while.
    Have tech support sorted you guys out?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Slickefex,

Is your computer storage has enough free space to run the programs. If you cant fix it contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact