Acer one 10 touchscreen

Lidman80
Lidman80 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi guys. My acer one 10 touchscreen is playing up. When I touch it the circle for where I touch is above and to the right of where I touch. I've tried recalibrating it. This goes fine at the bottom of the screen. But the top won't recognise where I'm pressing it. I have to press lower than the cross to get it to calibrate and its still of when done. Any ideas. Its running Windows 10.

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi 
    Go to Device manager, expand System devices, uninstall the driver for Intel Serial IO I2c host controller, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

Go to BIOS settings, move to Main tab, check the Touchpad mode, if it's in Basic mode switch to Advanced mode.

• Lidman80
    Don't appear to have that in my bios. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Go back into calibration and have it delete the current one. Reboot and look at it again. It's feasible for the touch screen to go bad, but they usually just don't work al all. Do you think it's an area that doesn't respond at all or that the area is squished? The former would place your pointer where it's supposed to in the area that works, the former would either be right at one edge but off on the opposite edge or be off the same amount all the way through.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Lidman80
    It's definetly worse at the top of the screen. I'll give the calibration another go