HeLP!!!!!! Every keystroke I make lets my display turn to negative colour. Nitro 5 AN515-52

SusanneVIE
SusanneVIE Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I own a Nitro 5 and have been having severe problems with it since I let my co-worker use it. Every time I hit a key, the display turns to negative colour for a split second. 
I have tried to find the setting responsible for this but have been unable to do so. Does anybody know an answer?

Answers

• SusanneVIE
    it is an Acer Nitro AN515-52
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Sorry but I don't and there is know way of knowing what your co worker messed up. Moral of the story? don't lend your laptop to others it's just asking for trouble

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• SusanneVIE
    edited November 2019
    Gee, any suggestions? And yes, thank you for the moral, matter of fact he also set up a  partition and installed TeamViewer14 in ALL-ACCESS MODE without me knowing, thereby gaining access to virtually everything at all times. And no, this did NOT answer my question. 
    If anybody has any productive suggestions other than telling what an ***** I am ( I already know!!), it would be very much appreciated. 

• andylb
    edited November 2019
    Gee, any suggestions? And yes, thank you for the moral, matter of fact he also set up a  partition and installed TeamViewer14 in ALL-ACCESS MODE without me knowing. And no, this did NOT answer my question. 

*****, that was some liberty, setting up a partition on someone else's laptop. I realize it didn't answer your question that is my standard signature line, I answer around 25 questions a day and it saves me typing it out every time. I will look into your problem and get back to you.
    What is your exact model number, for example AN515-**

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• SusanneVIE
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I left the company a month ago on good terms after completing the project....or so I thought. I did not get suspicious until I tried to delete the TeamViewer and realized that I had only limited Admin rights. I have tried to delete several program folders - all with the same outcome: instead of deleting, the files àre being "recycled". 
  • andylb
    I have messaged another high end contributor who may have more knowledge about this, it may take a little while but we are researching your problem

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Does this problem manifest itself in a video recording? Have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    Does this problem manifest itself in a video recording? Have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10?

I think my colleague is right, Restart your laptop at the green Acer screen, press and hold Alt and continuously tap F10, select keep files

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• SusanneVIE
    Guys, I have been trying the alt F10 solution, does not do anything - no reinstallation. Bear with me here, I am a user with very little knowledge of system processes and the like. How exactly do I reinstall windows, when I tried this"Restart your laptop at the green Acer screen, press and hold Alt and continuously tap F10, select keep files" there was no reaction other than the log in screen with my account. Sorry, I hope I am not driving you guys crazy...
    THANK YOU!
  • SusanneVIE
    Exact model is AN515-52
  • OK! Try reinstalling windows as shown in the video:
    If the alt + f10 command does not work, you may have formatted hdd or the d2drecovery function is not active in bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SusanneVIE
    reinstalling does not work
  • SusanneVIE
    Anything else I could do?
  • andylb
    When you first bought your laptop did you make the recommended recovery image stored to a USB stick?

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Is it possible for you to record a video with the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    I agree. You should record so we can see what's the exact problem.