Acer Aspire V3-771G black display

filip_lux
filip_lux Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have Acer Aspire V3-771G, which was working fine until 2 weeks ago. First the display started flickering and flashing and then the next day it went black. I tried to connect it to TV (HDMI) and it was working ok on the TV, so I thought the problem is the monitor or some cable connecting the monitor. Couple of days later, the same thing started happening on the TV (first flickering or having strange colors and now it's completely black). The lap top has integrated and dedicated graphic cards. I tried disabling one card and using the other, but nothing changed. 

Do you have suggestion on what could be the problem or what else I can try ?

Answers

• Balu
    Balu Ally Posts: 95

Fix 1: Power reset your laptop

Power resetting does a trick to fix the Acer black screen issue and it works for many people. Here’s how to do it:

1. Turn off your laptop.
    2. Remove the AC adapter cablehard drives, the battery and any other attached peripheral devices.
    3. Press and hold the Power button for 30 seconds and release. Your laptop will boot up and turn off during this time period.
    4. Put your battery back in and plug the charger. Then don’t plug anything else.
    5. Press the Power button as normal to turn on your laptop.

Your laptop should start normally now.

Fix 2: Try F2, F9, and F10 key

If you find yous Acer laptop screen is black, you can try this:

1. Ensure to turn off your laptop, and unplug any external devices.
    2. Press the Power button to turn on your laptop.
    3. When you see the Acer logo or splash screen appears, press F2F9F10, and Enter key on your keyboard.
    4. Select Exit > Yes, and press Enter.

Your laptop will start and the black screen issue should be resolved.

If you like the answer please click Accept.

• filip_lux
    Thank you for the quick reply.

I tried the two proposed fixes, but without luck. I did however succeed to project to a TV (using wireless projection). I don't know if that helps at all. I also opened up the laptop and reconnected all the cables just to make sure there are properly connected.

Any other suggestions ?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Wireless projection won't use the onboard graphics, just sending the screen image over the WiFi. Does Device Manager say anything?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • filip_lux
    Nothing at all. Everything looks fine. Based on the symptoms so far does it look more like the graphic cards or the monitor ? Or maybe something else ?
  • billsey
    It is looking more like the motherboard than the video card. If it were the card the onboard would work and the NVIDIA would fail. Since they are both in failure the common portion is the MB. :( Any chance you are still in warranty?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • filip_lux
    I'm afraid no. I guess a search for new laptop should start soon :) I don't know any other way to figure out what exactly is the problem
  • billsey
    Check out Acer's recertified store (acerrecertified.com) as an option, they're a fair amount cheaper than the regular price and I've had good luck with them.