I bought an ACER XF270H monitor. Was fine 3 days, now screen flickers black for 2 seconds

BebopReed
BebopReed Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
It's completely random but tends to happen while I'm either browsing the internet or watching netflix.  It didn't do it at all for the first 2-3 days I owned the monitor.  At first it only happened once or twice on the 4th day.  Yesterday and today (day 5 and 6) the problem has gotten really bad.  It will flicker off for 2 seconds at least once every 10 minutes, but sometimes it'll happen every 10 seconds.  I've done the following so far:

Checked the GPU by plugging in other monitors.  Other monitors work fine for extended periods of time.
I've made sure the cables are secured properly.  No issues there.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the graphic drivers at least a half dozen times.
I've tried adjusting every setting I could think of to see if something would stop this, including tuning down from 144hz to 120hz.
I've made sure my monitor drivers are all up to date.
I've made sure my gpu drivers are up to date.
I've made sure all my windows updates are up to date.
I've rolled back my graphic drivers to previous versions.  Still having the same problem.
I've tried plugging into a different DP port.  Only thing I haven't tried is plugging in HDMI.  If HDMI is the only thing that'll work I'm just going to return the monitor.

I've got an MSI RTX 2070 and an intel i7 9700k on an Asrock z390 phantom gaming 4.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can try to fix this?  (Without making a trip back to Best Buy with the monitor in tow.)

Answers

• BebopReed
    I should probably add that I've read several recent posts from people with this same problem and the same monitor.  None of them have seemed to have found a solution.
  • john_a
    john_a Member Posts: 1 New User
    Have you found a solution?
  • BebopReed
    john_a said:
    Have you found a solution?
    Yes and no.  I returned the monitor and got a second one.  Had the same issue after a few days.  Then I read something someone said about faulty power supplies.  I went and bought myself a new surge protector, and somehow that fixed the problems.  My old surge protector has nothing wrong with it and I still use it with other electronics.  After using the new monitor for a month, it started blinking again.  So I plugged it into a different spot on the new surge protector just for the hell of it and it stopped again.  I don't know what is going on with this thing, and Best Buy and Acer tech support were NO help.  But it is working now, sooo...

Hopefully it keeps working.  I love this monitor, but I've owned 6 monitors and this is by far and large the most trouble I have ever had with a monitor.