Aspire VN7-791G - 4K?

Options
tech3200
tech3200 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Thanks for reading!

I was recently gifted a external 4k uhd player, but am having issues playing 4k discs. My system has a gtx 960m paired with a intel 4600, and im wondering if this system is capable. 

I ran a 4k adviser tool, and the areas where it says im lacking are  : 

Intel SGX Technology (CPU/Main Board)
HEVC-10bit/AVC Codec (GPU)
HDCP 2.2 (GPU/Display)
Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU)

Anyways im guessing im just out of luck. Ive updated every driver i could think of, but am worried my gpu hardware is simply not up to the task.

But, on the off chance there is some magical fix/update/hack out there, i figured I would reach out to the experts! 
Thanks so much for your time.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good evening tech3200 !

What EXACT model of your laptop?
    Which player do I specify 4k uhd?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• tech3200
    Options
    MaClane said:
    Good evening tech3200 !

What EXACT model of your laptop?
    Which player do I specify 4k uhd?

Thanks for responding MaClane!

Acer Aspire V17 Nitro Black Edition VN7-791G-792A,  4th Generation Intel Core i7 4720HQ (2.60GHz) 16GB Memory NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 17.3"

The software I'm using is cyber link power dvd 19, and cyber link has an adviser tool that determined there was no intel sgx support or hdcp 2.2. 

The external drive was just a 4k uhd drive purchased off Amazon, model md-8107s-u3yc-uhd

Again, thanks for you time.
  • MaClane
    Options
    I didn't understand exactly what you want.
    Connect the laptop to an external monitor or TV to display 4K or use the laptop screen itself?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• tech3200
    Options
    MaClane said:
    I didn't understand exactly what you want.
    Connect the laptop to an external monitor or TV to display 4K or use the laptop screen itself?

I've tried watching 4k discs both on the laptop and with a hdmi out to my 4k tv, both ways wont play. 

Error is that my system does not have intel sqx installed or it's not enabled in my bios, and also the adviser tool can not detect hdcp 2.2.
  • MaClane
    Options
    The laptop does not support 4K display natively on the hardware nor on the HDMi connection.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™