Poor performance on a new Nitro AN515-42

Colorig
Colorig Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Bought this laptop 2 days ago. It came without any OS so I had to pay extra for the installation of Windows 10 (explains why it didn't come with Acer's settings). The laptop lags a lot in simple games and even constantly crashes in The Sims 4. My specs are: 
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U,
AMD RX Vega 8 (Ryzen iGPU),
Micron_1100_MTFDDAV512TBN 512GB,
Hynix HMA81GS6AFR8N-UH 1x8GB.
I followed couple of tutorials, updated the drivers, installed Acer's software and yet the laptop still lags. That's pretty weird since the review I saw this laptop in had stable 30-40 fps in Far Cry 5, while my laptop crashes when I try to open it.

Answers

• I thing this happen because of installation of window 10. This remove acer softwares 
     I have also same graphic card on AN515-43 i can play far cry 5 100+FPS.
    Don't worry 
    YOU GETTING stable 40-50fps you game running in vega 8 graphic card not in RX 560X
    Tell me something to solve your issue 
    1)your laptop have nitro sence,amd radeon software?
    When you right click on desktop amd radeon setting comes in top?
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    Make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming, Windows MUST be set to High Performance plan, then do this:
    Open your AMD control center 
    First click the Updates tab at the bottom left and make sure your graphics drivers are updated to 19.11.2 or higher and click express upgrade. If you don't have the Adrenalin Control Center download it here
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-11-2

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your games are listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x and your CPU should be boosting to MAX but only if needed and it will be monitored in Nitrosense

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Colorig
    1)your laptop have nitro sence,amd radeon software?
    When you right click on desktop amd radeon setting comes in top?
    Yes, I have both nitrosence and AMD Radeon software. I also have updated drivers and settings set to CoolBoost.
  • Colorig
    andylb said:
    Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch.
    Alright, I will try to launch my games from the Control Center. Hopefully that will at least prevent crashes.
  • andylb
    edited November 2019
    Colorig said:
    andylb said:
    Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch.
    Alright, I will try to launch my games from the Control Center. Hopefully that will at least prevent crashes.

Please report back with the results and Make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Colorig
    andylb said:
    Colorig said:
    andylb said:

Please report back with the results and Make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming
    The Sims 4 still crashes, even though I launched it via Radeon Settings.
  • Colorig said:
    andylb said:
    Colorig said:
    andylb said:

Turn off cool boost and run from amd radeon 

• andylb
    edited November 2019
    Colorig said:
    andylb said:
    Colorig said:
    andylb said:

But only the Sims 4? Do the other games now run correctly? Also ignore the "Turn off Coolboost" in the post above, it is a fan speed setting and has no effect on the game other than lowering game temperatures during a spike

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Do not turn off cool boost its my mistake 

• Colorig
    andylb said:
    Colorig said:
    andylb said:
    Colorig said:
    andylb said:

But only the Sims 4? Do the other games now run correctly? Also ignore the "Turn off Coolboost" in the post above, it is a fan speed setting and has no effect on the game other than lowering game temperatures during a spike
    Far Cry 5 didn't crash, but turned into a pixilated slideshow even though I launched it from Radeon Settings.
  • andylb
    I think you either have a corrupt installation of Windows 10 or some corrupt downloads of  the Acer software. Your model out of the box is more than capable of running these games. 
    My final troubleshooting tip is to make sure you have the latest BIOS update, if that doesn't work I would exercise your warranty

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★