My laptop does not start but it charges aspires es1-521

Options
qSorin
qSorin Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello !

Hi, I have a laptop aspires es1-521 and when I try to turn it on it does not start, but it charges, I try to disconnect the battery and press the button for 15-30 seconds but it still does not start!

Please help me! 

Sorry for my bad english!

Answers

• Balu
    Balu Ally Posts: 95
    Options

Inspect power cord, adapter, and battery

Even though they differ one from another, charging issues on laptops (or other similar mobile devices, for that matter), are mostly inflicted by a hardware malfunction of some kind. There are 4 obvious factors we can suspect when something like this happens:

• The battery is dying on you.
    • Power cord parts are malfunctioning. Either cable, jack or adapter are physically damaged.
    • The motherboard is damaged. The short circuit might’ve burned the motherboard chips or transistor capacitors.
    • The power button is broken. This happens rarely, but it’s still a possibility.

Solution 1:

Unplug peripherals and remove battery

Another thing you can do is removing the battery and trying to boot with DC adapter solely. Sometimes, despite the LED light informing you that the battery is full, the battery might be faulty. It’s one thing to hold a charge and completely other to transfer it to a machine.

Also, make sure that all peripheral devices are unplugged. A small short circuit within faulty USB port can also prevent the computer from starting. If this, somehow, enables you to start your PC, check USB ports one by one in order to identify the one that’s causing the problem.

Solution 2:

Drain residual power

A residual power is an electrical charge stored in almost every electric device. Basically, once you turn off your device, even without the power source, it’ll store some electric charge. Now, occasionally, some parasitic capacitance in the transistors might ‘trick’ the device and block battery charge.

This is a common troubleshooting step for various devices and it might just help you resolve the problem at hand. Here’s how to do it:

• Unplug the DC power cord from the laptop.
    • Remove the battery.
    • Press and hold the Power button for a while. ...
    • Connect the DC power cord but don't insert the battery.
    • Power on your PC and look for changes.
    • If you've succeeded, turn off the computer again, unplug the power cord, and reinsert the battery.
    If you like the answer please click Accept.