power button behavior Aspire 3 A315-41-R1Y4

Enforcer
Enforcer Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello All!
This post is about acer power button... I have Acer Aspire 3 A315-41-R1Y4
I've read some posts, ppl swear because power button is close to other essential buttons on some models. I guess acer fed up with this  (why not just turn off power button via control panel or don't buy such model at all?) and disabled power button almost completely. Now for it to work you need to have special background application (acer power button), which now you can't find easily, it's hidden inside "acer quick access" app. Moreso even if you enable power button, you need to hold it for 3 seconds AND NOT A SECOND MORE! Because if you hold it for 4 seconds, then hardware shutdown takes effect which forcefully terminating windows, without properly closing apps, applying updates, etc. As I understand acer solution to the rant is that now power button generates special code, which is not recognized by windows and only recognized by this special background application (acer power button). Interestingly is that even if you delete acer quick access (including acer quick access service), power button continue to function, I guess it changes some hardware settings then I also noticed that you may remove quick access app I tried to map acer power button code to standard shutdown button code via SharpKeys (E076 to E05E - power or E05F sleep), no luck.
My Questions:
1. How can I remove power button delay? I want it to work instantly? Maybe there are some registry or ini settings to change.
2. Why SharpKeys mapping to power button does not work?