Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53

Rainbowguy05
Rainbowguy05 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
 Hi, can anyone tell me the display/screen model name for Acer Nitro 5 , model number : AN515-53-527H ?
I need it to check out certain specs like NTSC % , sRGB and adobe RGB .
Any link pointing towards any info regarding the display model would be really appreciated .

Also, Acer Nitro 5 - model AN515-53-527H seems to be not included in Acer's list . how is it possible ? Isn't bestbuy just using wrong model number ?

Answers

• Hi,
    It's difficult to tell the actual panel you will get, you may get one of these panels in your model.

• Rainbowguy05

Tinkerer

edited November 2019
    Thank you for your reply .
    The first 2 panels are low quality panels only covering 45% NTSC which is somewhere around/over half of sRGB gamut .
    The other 3 panels are better quality covering 72% of NTSC which is around 100% of sRGB .

Unfortunately it doesn't solve the mystery. I still very appreciate the effort and would like to ask everyone who gets an answer to post it here.
     Thank you
  • Rainbowguy05

Tinkerer

Also, anyone who can explain why Acer Nitro 5 - model AN515-53-527H is nowhere to be found , not even on acer's own website, please let me know as well. The stores sell this model , but nobody knows where it came from.
  • Rainbowguy05

Tinkerer

I solved the issue by buying another laptop.

The store that was selling the Acer Nitro 5 - model AN515-53-527H didn't answer me and their repair service didn't even know that it exists so in case this laptop would get broken they would not be able to even put original panel model on. Weird
    Acer also didn't answer me and their website didn't recognize the model.

For that reason I chose another and trusted model of the Nitro 5 series which actually had info about the panel / display  it has build in.

I highly recommend to check if people know about the certain model of any computer you wish to buy so that you don't end up with scam. Unfortunately even famous stores can sell fakes , so watch out.

The Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53-527H is still a mystery and it will probably remain a mystery.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    I solved the issue by buying another laptop.

The store that was selling the Acer Nitro 5 - model AN515-53-527H didn't answer me and their repair service didn't even know that it exists so in case this laptop would get broken they would not be able to even put original panel model on. Weird
    Acer also didn't answer me and their website didn't recognize the model.

For that reason I chose another and trusted model of the Nitro 5 series which actually had info about the panel / display  it has build in.

I highly recommend to check if people know about the certain model of any computer you wish to buy so that you don't end up with scam. Unfortunately even famous stores can sell fakes , so watch out.

The Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53-527H is still a mystery and it will probably remain a mystery.

Not a fake, it is sold by many stores including Amazon and it is reviewed by PC World, I can only think that Acer changed the model number or it is now out of production also Acer models have different numbers in different regions but it is a genuine Acer Laptop. Bestbuy, Amazon and PC World aren't all likely to be conned with a fake

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Your laptop is original.manufacture by acer 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Rainbowguy05

Tinkerer

Well, Amazon, Bestbuy and pcworld are all stores and stores are not really something you should rely on in terms of fair information. They just sell stuff no matter what it is. They all cheat where they can too.

Checking several independent reviews is great start in terms of getting possibly trustful informations.

I created this post for people who have the same concern and questions about the Acer Nitro 5-AN515-53-527H as me because neither Acer or anyone else on internet mentioned this laptop.

I am aware it could be just different number for another region , but since I have not obtained any answer from Acer , I still consider the laptop an unsolved mystery.
     If people agree or disagree with my opinion is truly their decision.