Unidentified Network , No internet excess .:Acer Travelmate P643-M

BTwist
BTwist Member Posts: 8 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi l am having trouble connecting to the internet , the connection is just an unidentified network ...l tried the commands etc but still it doesn't work. l am able  connect to the same network with an antenna. How can l solve this problem?
Windows 10 operating system.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Cannot have USB adapter running at the same time. Please remove USB external adapter. Shut down machine. Turn machine back on. Right click on wifi icon. Click open network/sharing center. Click on unidentified wifi network. Click diagnose button. Post results. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi BTwist

Step:1- Reboot Your Modem and Router
    Step:2 
    Run the Windows Network Troubleshooter

o access the network troubleshooter, visit Settings > Network & Internet > Status. Select Network troubleshooter and follow the steps to see if Windows can rectify the problem. On Windows 7, you’ll find this same tool at Start > Control Panel > Troubleshooting > Network and internet > Network Connections.

Windows 10 Network Troubleshooter

To reset some of the files Windows keep to access the internet, use these two commands:

netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ip reset

If that doesn’t work, try releasing your computer’s IP address and obtaining a fresh one with these two commands, one at a time:

ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew

Finally, refresh your computer’s DNS settings with this command:

ipconfig /flushdns

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JackE
    >>>l am able  connect to the same network with an antenna. >>>

Have you ever connected to the internet with the P643M? What 'antenna'? What commands etc? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BTwist
    edited November 2019
    JackE said:
    >>>l am able  connect to the same network with an antenna. >>>

Have you ever connected to the internet with the P643M? What 'antenna'? What commands etc? Jack E/NJ
    I mean if l use an external antenna to connect to the internet i am able to connect to that network.....l am able to connect to other networks though
  • BTwist
    TECH_MAN said:
    Hi BTwist

Step:1- Reboot Your Modem and Router
    Step:2 Run the Windows Network Troubleshooter

o access the network troubleshooter, visit Settings > Network & Internet > Status. Select Network troubleshooter and follow the steps to see if Windows can rectify the problem. On Windows 7, you’ll find this same tool at Start > Control Panel > Troubleshooting > Network and internet > Network Connections.

Windows 10 Network Troubleshooter

To reset some of the files Windows keep to access the internet, use these two commands:

netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ip reset

If that doesn’t work, try releasing your computer’s IP address and obtaining a fresh one with these two commands, one at a time:

ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew

Finally, refresh your computer’s DNS settings with this command:

ipconfig /flushdns

Hi thanks for the reply,, i did all of that but l couldnt get a break through
  • JackE
    >>>I mean if l use an external antenna to connect to the internet >>>

(1) Do you mean an external USB wifi adapter with an antenna like shown below?

(2) Have you ever connected to the internet with the P643M's internal wifi card?

(3) Please open DeviceManager. Do you see any red or yellow warnings? If none, click on Network adapter folder without the external wifi card plugged in. Do you see a wifi or wlan adapter listed?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BTwist
    JackE said:

(2) Have you ever connected to the internet with the P643M's internal wifi card?

(3) Please open DeviceManager. Do you see any red or yellow warnings? If none, click on Network adapter folder without the external wifi card plugged in. Do you see a wifi or wlan adapter listed?

Jack E/NJ

JackE said:

Jack E/NJ

So the thing is l can connect to other networks without the external usb wifi adapter(Using p643's wifi adapter)......But when l try to connect to this other network it just says 'unidentified network' and for me to excess that network l am using an external usb wifi adapter
  • BTwist
    JackE said:

Jack E/NJ

Seems like there are no triangles under the network adapters 
  • JackE
    >>> l try to connect to this other network it just says 'unidentified network' and for me to excess that network l am using an external usb wifi adapter >>>

There's nothing wrong with your P643's internal adapter if it's working with all the other networks except one unidentified network. So what is this other 'unidentified' network that you're connecting to with the external adapter? What is it called? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BTwist
    JackE said:
    >>> l try to connect to this other network it just says 'unidentified network' and for me to excess that network l am using an external usb wifi adapter >>>

There's nothing wrong with your P643's internal adapter if it's working with all the other networks except one unidentified network. So what is this other 'unidentified' network that you're connecting to with the external adapter? What is it called? Jack E/NJ
    Its a university network btw everyone can connect to that network, l am not sure why l cannot connect to the network,,,, since everyone is able to connect ,l thought maybe the problem was with my pc
  • BTwist
    BTwist said:
    JackE said:

There's nothing wrong with your P643's internal adapter if it's working with all the other networks except one unidentified network. So what is this other 'unidentified' network that you're connecting to with the external adapter? What is it called? Jack E
  • JackE
    Left click on the wifi tray icon when your at school. Post screenshot.

Then right click on the wifi tray icon when your at school. Click open network/sharing center. Post screenshot.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• BTwist
    JackE said:
    Left click on the wifi tray icon when your at school. Post screenshot.

Then right click on the wifi tray icon when your at school. Click open network/sharing center. Post screenshot.

Jack E/NJ 
    Those are the screenshots , still cant connect to the wifi
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Cannot have USB adapter running at the same time. Please remove USB external adapter. Shut down machine. Turn machine back on. Right click on wifi icon. Click open network/sharing center. Click on unidentified wifi network. Click diagnose button. Post results. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ