Nitro AN515-54 'SSD' not detected while installing Linux.

Options
pguragain3
pguragain3 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have Kingston M.2 Nvme ssd. My bios setting doesnt have legacy boot option (only UEFI), i can't change Sata operation from Rst premium to any other because it is not accessible. I have disabled fastboot and safeboot. My secondary hdd is detected as sda. My ssd is not detected when i run gparted. My device info is included in the text file. 

Best Answer

• pguragain3

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    You can change RST option to AHCI by pressing control+s together. At first the option is not available in Main section. when you press control +s it becomes available. After that ssd will be detected . Remember to boot windows 10 to safe mode before changing to AHCI . 
    As for changing UEFI option i couldnt find any solution.

Answers

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    have you set a admin/supervisor password in the bios?  You might get lucky and it'll unlock the sata mode section in the bios.
  • aworan78
    aworan78 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Same problem for me with Acer Swift 3 314-57G and intel 1To SSD.
    SATA MODE is locked to "Optane without raid" and cannot be change even with setting admin/supervisor password.
    I posted today on french forum I will answer here if somebody give me some workaround.
    I think we need a BIOS update to unlock it ...
  • Steevee
    Steevee Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I have Kingston M.2 Nvme ssd. My bios setting doesnt have legacy boot option (only UEFI), i can't change Sata operation from Rst premium to any other because it is not accessible. I have disabled fastboot and safeboot. My secondary hdd is detected as sda. My ssd is not detected when i run gparted. My device info is included in the text file. 
    @pguragain3

The Problem same as Mine. 
    I Can't change UEFI to Any Options. 
    Can't Change SATA Mode RST Premium to Any Other Options. 

Have you solved this problem?
  • pguragain3

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    You can change RST option to AHCI by pressing control+s together. At first the option is not available in Main section. when you press control +s it becomes available. After that ssd will be detected . Remember to boot windows 10 to safe mode before changing to AHCI . 
    As for changing UEFI option i couldnt find any solution.