How can I get to BIOS on my Acer aspire v5 571 P?

MGoad
MGoad Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Please help me if anyone knows the answer to my problem?

Comments

• MGoad

Tinkerer

I have been told that it can't be done but that's not possible....is it?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Sure, it's actually not that hard. Start from powered down. Turn it on and start hitting the F2 key. That should takes you to the BIOS menu. Don't wait for the splash screen because it doesn't sit there very long at all before starting to load the OS, and then it's too late.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MGoad

Tinkerer

I have tried doing that several times with several different Fkeys and still no BIOS. I have been told that because my computer is a v5 P1 or 1P that you can't get into the Bios. Please tell  me that's not true.
  • Shaghin
    Shaghin Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

You may try this.
    Click Start button click power logo then,
    Click on "restart" while holding "shift"

OR (Windows 10)

1. Open the start menu.

2. Select Settings.

3. Next, select the Update and Security option.

4. Once the window opens, click on Recovery.

5. You will be able to see Advanced Start up. Under Advanced Start Up , click on Restart Now.

6. Click on Troubleshoot.

7. Next, advanced options.

8. Click-UEFI firmware settings

9. Finally hit Restart.
    (This should reboot to the UEFI bios settings)

• JohnSkinner
    JohnSkinner Member Posts: 1 New User
    The options in the last post are not available to me, because my Windows 8.1 OS isn't booting. I can't even get into recovery mode. I want to set the bios to boot from a USB device, but I can not get into the BIOS to disable Safe Boot. Is it possible to get into the BIOS if you can not boot into windows?
  • Mohammadosman
    Mohammadosman Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am using Acer spaire  V5 571 when I booting windows it show enter BIOS password after three times it show system is lock nothing is working please help me
  • Pevehdev
    Pevehdev Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2023

What worked for me was having these commands as soon as I press the power button press the "Windows ->CTRL->Shift->B" keys.

Note: Sorry for my English.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder

@Pevehdev

There are multiple ways to access bios

1. Tap f2 while turning on the computer if it is a laptop. It will go to Bios setup screen.
    2. Tap del while turning on the computer if it is a desktop. It will go to Bios setup screen
    3. On the login screen - hold the shift key on keyboard and press power button on lower right corner or top right corner of the screen. It will show you sleep shutdown and restart. click on restart

It will show you chose an option, continue, trouubleshoot. Go to troubleshooot - advanced options - click on uefi firmeware settings. It will take you to bios.

4. Tried alt + f10 or alt gr + f10 while turning on the computer.

It will show you chose an option, continue, troubleshoot. Go to troubleshooot - advanced options - click on uefi firmeware settings. It will take you to bios.

5. If you are able to login to computer. It will show you all the icons. click on start - power - It will show you sleep shutdown and restart.

Hold the shift key on keyboard and click on restart.

It will show you chose an option, continue, trouubleshoot. Go to troubleshooot - advanced options - click on uefi firmeware settings. It will take you to bios.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★