Upgrading Predator PH317-52 NH.Q3EEX.016

lukam
lukam Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

I've bought NH.Q3EEX.016 and want to add more RAM and an additional SSD drive.

Can you please tell me what exactly should I look for, i.e. what type of RAM is supported (and will I be able to keep the current 8GB?), and what type of an SSD is supported (and can I keep the original 1GB HDD?)

I cannot find any official information from Acer, I don't even know if "NH.Q3EEX.016" really refers to a specific model, or are there variations (e.g. do some come with 2x4GB RAM, others with 1x8GB etc.)

Thank you!

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lukam
    @egydiocoelho

thank you, but unfortunately I do not have access to this computer. However, even if I did, I do not understand how does information on your screenshot help me. I don't see what the current state of RAM is, i.e. is it 1x8GB?

Regarding SSD, the page that you linked contains information on very different models. I don't know if mine even has a slot for an SSD.
  • Regarding ram memory, your model supports up to 32gb of ddr4, based on those settings.
    On the ssd m2 2280, all current models have at least one m2 entry. Even if your notebook is sold in a different region, it is highly unlikely that it does not have a 2280 m2 slot. About the benchmark site, see that it refers to your notebook model.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lukam
    I understand that it supports maximum of 32GB (Acer mentioned this on their page). However, I do not know if the laptop comes with 1x8GB or 2x4GB and what type of RAM is included (again, not what is supported, but what is actually included - because this will affect what I buy).

Regarding SSD, the page you linked aggregates many different similar models. Furthermore, I do not even know if Acer's part code uniquely identifies a product. While I understand that it is unlikely that it has an m2 slot, I do need to be sure (because it will be bought by my company and I won't be able to return it if something is wrong).
  • On ram, you can open the compartment and check:

However, make sure there are no warranty seals or if there are any screws with any different colors. You can also download the cpuz program and check if there is only an 8gb ram: http://download.cpuid.com/cpu-z/cpu-z_1.90-en.zip
    About ssd, you can check this image taken from your model's service manual:

As I told you before, all current models come with at least one 2280 m2 slot. You can confirm this by using the hwinfo64 program and checking if the standard nvm express controller driver is present in the device manager, see: https://www.hwinfo.com/files/hwi_614.zip

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    lukam said:
    I understand that it supports maximum of 32GB (Acer mentioned this on their page). However, I do not know if the laptop comes with 1x8GB or 2x4GB and what type of RAM is included (again, not what is supported, but what is actually included - because this will affect what I buy).

Regarding SSD, the page you linked aggregates many different similar models. Furthermore, I do not even know if Acer's part code uniquely identifies a product. While I understand that it is unlikely that it has an m2 slot, I do need to be sure (because it will be bought by my company and I won't be able to return it if something is wrong).
    Go to Task Manager -> Performance -> Memory. Check in slots used. For me, it shows 1 of 2, so I have 1x8GB.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    lukam cpu-z will tell you everything you need to know regarding your memory cpu/gpu and hwinfo/hwmonitor about everything else regarding the ssd if you dont need nvme (as its your company buying you might want it :) ) just get a wd blue 3dnand the size you need or get them to buy a nvme m.2 samsung evo for ex

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/