AN517-51-56 Won’t Power On

NealD
NealD Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Nitro 5 gaming laptop will not turn on with power button but when AC adaptor is plugged in battery lights show. I’ve had zero issues regarding laptop previously and have done everything I can to accommodate all recommendations for daily laptop maintenance. 

I’ve literally only had the lap top since 8/26/19 and the back panel says it was manufactured on 5/22/19. Very frustrating to have this laptop for a short period of time and already have a issue. I don’t surf the internet, I don’t download apps, I haven’t changed any options, etc. Everything is factory set with the exception of downloading wow classic which is the only reason why I bought the laptop in the first place. 

Should I log a service call? I’ve searched online but haven’t found anything matching my problem in total. Also my back panel does not have a pin hole for a reset option and is fully enclosed with screws. 

Answers

• Hi,
    Disconnect from mains, press and hold the Power button for few seconds(20-30), then leave the laptop to rest for few minutes(15-20 mins) before connecting the AC adapter and try starting.
    If that doesn't help, you have to contact Acer Support centre and send it for a service.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • NealD
    NealD Member Posts: 4 New User
    Alright tried this and nothing. Kind of unfortunate that a product can’t last more then 3 months even if it is a budget line laptop at 899.99...

I’ve researched a lot through online and the community and short of taking it apart I don’t see any resolution other then sending it in. It ships to Texas once I get my packing slip sent to me so it will probably will be a full month before I even hear anything back on the issue. 

So frustrating.