How can I adjust my screen brightness? swift 3

funtkungus
funtkungus Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello community,
I recently purchased a swift 3 with intel i7, nvidia geforce mx150. 
Everything seemed to be fine except after I have made the requested updates, I cannot change my brightness anymore. 
I have tried everything I looked up online, from updating drivers to trying to find the latest driver for swift 3. 
One of my drivers Intel R UHD Graphics 620 is not working properly and so I cannot update it. I have tried to uninstall and restart my computer many times.
If I use the Microsoft basic display adapter, I can at least see the brightness control bar, but still the brightness does not change at all. 
I tried to use 3rd party app, but to no avail. 

Could anyone please help me with this? I hate to look at bright screens working at night. 

Thank you 
- Paul

Answers

• NickChad12
    NickChad12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2019
    Hello, I am not sure.
  • EBurton12
    EBurton12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Wish I could help out!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in the left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next'. Select an automatic update restore point with a date stamp that coincides with when the problem started. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• funtkungus
    non of these methods work. Should I download the Intel AMT driver for my device? I'm not sure if it is already downloaded but, would this make a difference?
  • JackE
    What do you mean? Were there any automatic restore points or not? If none, system protection probably wasn't enabled. That means a factory reset might be needed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• funtkungus
    no automatic restore points. I set back to factory reset, and manually downloaded drivers. Thank you everyone
  • JackE
    You don't have to manually download drivers with an ACER Win10 version factory reset as shown in the video below. It's done automatically. If you did it this way, make sure your system protection is enabled in ControlPanel's restore point app. Or you'll probably be doing the same thing again with a Win10 update.  How did you do this factory reset? I hope you did not use the Microsoft generic Win10 version. It is not the same as the ACER Win10 factory version. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ