Impossible to Install Windows on Swift 3

UrosT
UrosT Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I have purchased today laptop, but having trouble with installing any OS on it.

Should have Linpus Linux on it, but when I start and choose the option to go forward nothing happens. Created bootable USB with Windows 10 on it. I can't change BIOS mode from  UEFI to Legacy, Boot Mode is stuck on UEFI, doesn't give me any option there to change. Tried with creating supervisor password, disabling the secure boot, but still nothing. Can't beleve that they made this so complicated...
Can someone help me with this issue?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    A normal Win10 install flash drive is configured for UEFI. Did you create yours correctly? It should be GPT and UEFI.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • UrosT
    edited November 2019
    Yes, I created bootable USB with Windows 10, GPT and UEFI. When I choose to start to install ending  getting the error: BlInitializeLibrary failed 0xc00000bb
    Found that if I can turn off Secure boot it should work, but it didn't. Other thing that I found out, if that option didn't work (turining off secure boot and it didn't work) it can be either motherboard issue or SSD problem (bad hardware). And it's a brand new laptop, bought it yesterday.

Also, in boot option there is no SSD, USB any other device there.
  • billsey
    If I were you I'd take it back and get a replacement from the vendor. It should boot into the OS that came installed on it, and it sounds like yours doesn't even do that. Was it a 'refurbished' machine?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • UrosT
    That's exactly what I did. It was brand new and unboxed. Now I have to wait couple of days for the procedure to get the money back. It was obviously faulty in some way. On the website where I ordered it says that it comes only with msDOS, but i came with that Linpus Linux Lite, that couldn't even start. While googling I came to the conclusion that it is probably faulty motherboard or SSD.
  • billsey
    Yeah, I'd be more likely to suspect the drive than the MB... But it's moot anyway. Let us know how the new one works.