Screen goes black when notification popup (CB515-1HT-P39B-US CHROME/N4200 )

Razingkane
Razingkane Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

I have a new (9/21/2019) CB515-1HT-P39B-US CHROME/N4200 and every time, without fail, when notifications start popping up the screen goes black, but the notification window is up and showing notification. Once the screen goes black, I must power off and back on and hope no more notification hit. While the screen is black, I can scroll up and down on the screen and see the app drawer flash behind the bottom toolbar. I have a pics and video of this happening.

I have made sure the Chrome OS is up to date, power washed, removed backgrounds, and I’ve sent this laptop in for repair once, they said they reseated the display cable, now it’s going back again to Acer to be repaired again.

Other problems I’ve noticed:

Bluetooth on my laptop says it’s connected to my Pixel 3xl but my Pixel 3 says Can’t add device because Bluetooth is not on. On the laptop reboot I get a message stating Bluetooth is not on but when I manually logon Bluetooth shows on. On my Pixel 3xl Settings/Connected devices does say connected to Chromebook.

I’ve never been able to get the Chromebook to unlock using my Pixel 3xl even though I went through Google’s setup process when first setting up the laptop.

How can I get this video of the screen going black to Acer? I was thinking of putting a thumb drive in the box with this note hoping the tech will look at the video.

As little as I have been able to use his laptop, I really liked it I just need them to fix this, replace it or get my money back.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    Sorry, you have posted to an ACER users group, not ACER customer or technical service employees or a direct link to ACER warranty repair services.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ