Device does not have bluetooth Aspire E 14 E5-476G

xynoipsec
xynoipsec Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
My laptop's bluetooth is gone. I have not been using it for long time and I set it to turn off from settings. Months ago, Windows Defender will always notify about Apps and software devices issue for bluetooth that it has problem even though its always turn off and I'm not using it. It will have issue in Device performace & health section in Windows Defender and will prompt to troubleshoot bluetooth but troubleshooting it doesn't fix it. The issue only fixed after I restart the PC. This issue happens many times. This day we bought a bluetooth speaker and I decided to try to use it with my laptop then I noticed I don't have bluetooth turn on/off from Windows Settings.

I can do basic troubleshooting myself so I decided, maybe I just need to disable/enable update/reinstall the bluetooth driver from device manager but the bluetooth is not showing anymore form the device manager, even show hidden device is active.

The first thing I did was to do the bluetooth troubleshooter from Update & Security > Troubleshoot. It shows Device does not have bluetooth.

So I decided download the Intel bluetooth driver from the official download page and trying to install it only prompt me that a newer version of driver already installed, probably from Windows Update. I want to try to reinstall the driver but I can't find it in device manager so I go to Control panel > Programs > Programs and features. Uninstalled the Intel Bluetooth Driver 21.40.0.1. I do save screenshot before uninstalling. Shows installed just today. I just update my windows from 1803 to 1903 on Nov 11. I also do windows update earlier this morning. 

I also go to services.msc to restart and set Bluetooth Support Service startup type to Automatic then I restart my PC. I check first again to device manager and look if bluetooth possible show up, found nothing. Installed the lower version driver from the official download page and do a restart again. Still nothing.

I try scan for hardware changes in device manager. Still no bluetooth. I guess I haven't been able to use the bluetooth and I'm really planning to buy a wireless earphones to use. Hopes my laptop's bluetooth is not broken I don't like to use bluetooth dongle, I'm already using USB Bluetooth Logitech mouse. I would have less unavailable usb ports to use.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    Sorry. The BT hardware in the m.2 wifi combo board seems to have failed. You can try to re-seat the card to see if that fixes the problem. If not, you can  either replace the card with one of those part numbers shown in the image below (about $15). Or you can purchase a 4-port USB hub (less than $10) and a CSR4 BT dongle(about $5).  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• xynoipsec
    edited November 2019
    JackE said:
    Sorry. The BT hardware in the m.2 wifi combo board seems to have failed. You can try to re-seat the card to see if that fixes the problem. If not, you can  either replace the card with one of those part numbers shown in the image below (about $15). Or you can purchase a 4-port USB hub (less than $10) and a CSR4 BT dongle(about $5).  Jack E/NJ

The laptop was bought last April still has a warranty. Also, I'm confused with the "Wireless LAN" when the WiFi is working fine.
    What's your recommendation from that list btw?
  • JackE
    The wifi card is a combo wifi/BT that also includes an integrated BT section that operates independently of the wifi section. If it's still under warranty, then you should arrange for warranty repair service ASAP. Don't delay. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• xynoipsec
    UPDATE 11/29/2019

The bluetooth is now working. I don't know how. I just saw the bluetooth options in the notification bar and decided to on it. Then the bt icon shows up. I haven't checked on the device manager if the bluetooth driver has already showed up there but it's there now. Just gonna check and test if the bluetooth will disappear again.

• JackE
    Sounds like the wifi/bt combo card simply needs to be re-seated a few times to clean its contacts. It'll probably happen again when the humidity increases. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ