Same FPS on all settings in my Acer Helios 300 - Predator PH315-52.

Options
No_One
No_One Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2019 in Predator Laptops
So, recently I bought my Acer Predator Helios 300 with the given config:

i5-9300H
1660Ti
144Hz(1920x1080)
16GB(Single Channel) RAM

I tested my fps on Rainbow six siege and CS:GO,
regardless what the settings may be, the FPS remained same at around 80-110 FPS.
And also my battery wont charge past 89%.

P.S:
All NVIDIA control Panel optimisations done
V-Sync is off
Windows optimisations done
Set to ultimate performance mode 

PLEASE HELPPPPP!!

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • No_One

Tinkerer

Options
    What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz.

My rig's Model no. is : 
    Predator PH315-52.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    No_One single channel ram its no good if you want more fps you have to go dual either get 2x8gb or another 16gb same clock/CL to match your 16 sodimm also we are talking about a really old game like cs its not optimized for the new gpus because they didnt existed before you have to tweak the game settings lower resolution if you want more fps google for the tweaks you have to do also check your battery wear (no need to say you have to be on AC all the time and make sure the battery its 100% charged before you start any game/demanding task) uninstall the acpi driver perform a battery power drain let it rest for 2/3h boot into bios and reset setup to defaults the acpi driver will reinstall itself re-calibrate your battery let it discharge completely and recharge to full 3 times see if the issue persists

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• No_One

Tinkerer

Options
    xapim said:
    No_One single channel ram its no good if you want more fps you have to go dual either get 2x8gb or another 16gb same clock/CL to match your 16 sodimm also we are talking about a really old game like cs its not optimized for the new gpus because they didnt existed before you have to tweak the game settings lower resolution if you want more fps google for the tweaks you have to do also check your battery wear (no need to say you have to be on AC all the time and make sure the battery its 100% charged before you start any game/demanding task) uninstall the acpi driver perform a battery power drain let it rest for 2/3h boot into bios and reset setup to defaults the acpi driver will reinstall itself re-calibrate your battery let it discharge completely and recharge to full 3 times see if the issue persists
    It’s not about getting more FPS, it’s about not getting the desired FPS, with my rig I’m pretty sure that I should get more than 200 FPS in CS:GO, but the FPS remains same(80-110fps) in all the games no matter what the settings are. Ex : Rainbow Six Siege (80-110 FPS ) *regardless of what settings* you have. It seems as if my laptop is caped at around 110 for all games 
  • RakiRaki
    RakiRaki Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    i have the exact same issue with exact same games and looking for solutions since a month
    i have the i7 model
  • No_One

Tinkerer

Options
    RakiRaki said:
    i have the exact same issue with exact same games and looking for solutions since a month
    i have the i7 model
    So your problems are also not resolved ? :( 
  • RakiRaki
    RakiRaki Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    No_One said:
    RakiRaki said:
    i have the i7 model
    Not yet. Tried resetting windows, clean install, bios update, repasting. saving up now for a new ram.
  • No_One

Tinkerer

Options
    RakiRaki said:
    No_One said:
    RakiRaki said:
    i have the i7 model
    Not yet. Tried resetting windows, clean install, bios update, repasting. saving up now for a new ram.
    Holy! @Acer any remedies here? 
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Are you both on the same driver as in your model's Support Page?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • No_One

Tinkerer

Options
    @XdxD
    do you mean NVIDIA driver?  
    it’s on the latest updated driver 
  • XdxD
    Options
    No_One said:
    @XdxD
    Can you try your games with the driver on support site and report if performance is same or not?
  • No_One

Tinkerer

Options
    XdxD said:
    No_One said:
    @XdxD
    Can you try your games with the driver on support site and report if performance is same or not?
    I actually tried that bro, it had no effect.
  • XdxD
    Options
    No_One said:
    XdxD said:
    No_One said:
    @XdxD
    I actually tried that bro, it had no effect.
    Hmm, sad to hear that.
  • No_One

Tinkerer

Options
    @egydiocoelho help bro
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is windows set to high performance mode? In the nvidia card settings, did you manually select the nvidia video card?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • No_One

Tinkerer

Options
    Is windows set to high performance mode? In the nvidia card settings, did you manually select the nvidia video card?

Yes, both the optimisations are done 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You said that "And also my battery won't charge past 89%". Ideally, the battery will charge up to 100%. Try uninstalling the AC adapter and battery drivers in Device Manager and restarting the notebook. Make sure you solve the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mariasouza
    mariasouza Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    No_One said:
    So, recently I bought my Acer Predator Helios 300 with the given config:

i5-9300H
    1660Ti
    144Hz(1920x1080)
    16GB(Single Channel) RAM

I tested my fps on Rainbow six siege and CS:GO,
    regardless what the settings may be, the FPS remained same at around 80-110 FPS.
    And also my battery wont charge past 89%.

P.S:
    All NVIDIA control Panel optimisations done
    V-Sync is off
    Windows optimisations done
    Set to ultimate performance mode 

PLEASE HELPPPPP!!

How did you do the Windows optimization? It would help to know that. 
  • Twanonus
    Twanonus Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Well, send it to Acer and enjoy waiting. Congrats, you got scammed also, just like me. Maybe some new method to keep laptop cool :D
  • jakesu11y
    jakesu11y Member Posts: 80 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Are you on an external monitor, or the laptop display? Reason I mention this is because I hooked up a FreeSync monitor to mine via display port and it defaulted to g-sync...which is awesome, but unexpected.