NEW Nitro 5 AN517-51 doesn't start up

ZaPi
ZaPi Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have just received a brand new Acer Nitro 5 computer, plugged it into the power socket and pressed power button.

It turned on - the lights on the keyboard and the screen - and gave me the first menu option (chose the language of the system).

As this computer is bought in Norway it was default pointing to the Norwegian Language therefore I chose English as a non-norwegian person.

After that it went to blue screen, repeating the 'wait a moment' and loading dots.

I have waited for at least 1 and a half hours now but it doesn't seem to be done any time soon.

What to do? 

Thanks for your responses! 

Best Answer

• Jimster480
    Jimster480 Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Its likely just a Windows localized problem. After you setup wifi and switch to english it would be fine as it can get all the needed English-language files from the internet.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    @ZaPi
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. 
    Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart​

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • ZaPi

Tinkerer

I have restarted the system 3 Times and selected the default Norwegian settings and then it went through the set up as normal. After that I just set the language and keyboard to English. 

Would like to know what was wrong although now it seems to be working just fine. 
  • Jimster480
    Answer ✓
    Its likely just a Windows localized problem. After you setup wifi and switch to english it would be fine as it can get all the needed English-language files from the internet.
  • ZaPi

Tinkerer

Thanks for the support and promptness. 
  • Jimster480
    ZaPi said:
    Thanks for the support and promptness. 

You're welcome!