NEW Nitro 5 AN517-51 doesn't start up

ZaPi
ZaPi Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have just received a brand new Acer Nitro 5 computer, plugged it into the power socket and pressed power button.

It turned on - the lights on the keyboard and the screen - and gave me the first menu option (chose the language of the system).

As this computer is bought in Norway it was default pointing to the Norwegian Language therefore I chose English as a non-norwegian person.

After that it went to blue screen, repeating the 'wait a moment' and loading dots.

I have waited for at least 1 and a half hours now but it doesn't seem to be done any time soon.

Thanks for your responses! 

Best Answer

• ZaPi

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Not really, after starting it again it got in a loop again when I wanted to chose English language instead of Norwegian. 

Thinking of maybe starting it up in Norwegian and then setting it into English, but I don't understand why it gets into a loop...

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Hard power down by pressing the power button and reboot, report back

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• ZaPi

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Not really, after starting it again it got in a loop again when I wanted to chose English language instead of Norwegian. 

Thinking of maybe starting it up in Norwegian and then setting it into English, but I don't understand why it gets into a loop...