Upgrade V3-574G Screen to FHD

Freeman_321
Freeman_321 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello Community,
I own an aspire v3-574g with hd (1366*768) Tin display. I was wondering if i could upgrade it to an IPS Full Hd Screen. I did some research and found that fhd screen requires two lane EDP cable.  I just dont know if my EDP cable is one lane or two . So i am looking for any suggestions (or any way) to find out how many lane does my EDP cable has. And if i will be able to upgrade it to fhd .

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,438 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You can use the same cable already in your laptop, the cable is compatible with both HD(1366x768) and FHD(1920x1080) panels.
  • Freeman_321
    edited November 2019
    Thank you for replying . <3 Do i need to look up any special model or brand of panel , or any 1080 panel with 30 pin edp cable and that fits the screen will work ?, any suggestions ? sorry for asking as my local seller completely ignorant of this kind of upgrade, and says its not possible.
  • Hi,
    I have compared few IPS FHD panels with a HD panel suitable for your model, you have to compare and buy the FHD panel according to your preference, when you order a panel with a retailer, make sure you get the confirmation that you will receive the actual model and not another brand of compatible panel, for example if you choose a AUO panel and place an order, the retailer may send you another brand of panel with similar specs.
    http://www.panelook.com/modelcompare.php?ids=21829,29131,29996,31631
  • Freeman_321
    Hi
     i looked for the panels you suggested . But i could  not  find exact any model . So after much checking, I bought  Innolux N156HGA-EAB at 51$ . It  seems kinda fine to me as it has matte finish and works well with my model. Thank you again for your help.