Scheduling tasks/ Automatic turning on Acer laptop at given time

Luka7777
Luka7777 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I want to schedule task in Win10. As far as I understand for Windows to perform a scheduled task a computer has to be turned on. So here is a question:

How to plan automatic power on of Acer laptop? It should be a standard option in BIOS settings but I was informed by Acer technical support that it is not there and I should contact Microsoft. 

[Edited the post due to personal or inappropriate content posted. Acer-Harvey]

Answers

• Balu
    Balu Ally Posts: 95

To open Scheduled Tasks, click Start, click All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Scheduled Tasks. Use the Search option to search for “Schedule” and choose “Schedule Task” to open the Task Scheduler. Select the “Task Scheduler Library” to see a list of your Scheduled Tasks

How to Set Windows 10 Computer to Auto-Start on a Schedule
    1. Step 1: Start or restart your computer and keep pressing a hotkey such as Delete or F2 to enter the BIOS settings.
    2. Step 2: Use the direction keys to locate to Power Management tab.
    3. Step 3: Locate to the Resume by alarm to change settings
    You can also use the below link for reference
    https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/how-to-set-windows-10-computer-to-auto-start-on-a-schedule.html

If you like the answer I have given hit accept
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    When creating or editing a scheduled task you are given the option to wake the computer if needed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.