Acer Nitro5 an515-54. Nitrosense 0(Zero) rpm Display. On all modes (Auto, Max and Custom)

mrkdenz
mrkdenz Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Acer Nitro5 an515-54. Nitrosense 0(Zero) rpm Display.

Model: Acer Nitro 5 an515-54
CPU: 8gb ddr4
GPU: 4gb Nvidia GTX 1650
Processor: Intel Core i5 9th Gen
BIOS Version/Date: Insyde Corp. V1.09, 02/08/2019

My Acer Nitro 5, Nitrosense is dislaying 0(Zero) rpm on CPU fan. I checked the fans underneath and found out that their both spinning, however when I open the Nitrosense, the CPU fan displays 0(Zero) rpm unlike the GPU fan speed that is showing variable rpm. I tried un-instaling and reinstalling to no avail. It seems I could change the fan speed of CPU (test by fan sound and air outflow) but I could only change it to a faster fan speed and won't slowdown (gets stuck at fast fan speed). Can you please help me with this issue.

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    If your still under warranty I would contact Acer support for your region, it sounds like a hardware issue probably the sensor

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• mrkdenz
    mrkdenz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Unfortunately I have opened my laptop before, so my warranty is probably already void.
    andylb said:
    If your still under warranty I would contact Acer support for your region, it sounds like a hardware issue probably the sensor

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Did it have a sticker over one of the screws saying Warranty void if opened?

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★