How do i get my mic to work on my aspire e15 e5 576G-5762?

NobleCreatorr
NobleCreatorr Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
So after searching the internet for the last hour on how to get it working i cant find a solution. The mic im using is an xbox headset xo one earforce turtle beach, and it has a tssr ring. My computer is an Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-5762, it only has one audio port that's a 3.5mm jack and it has a headset icon next to it. In my Sound option it only has microphone (the internal mic) and stereo mix as options. I cannot configure either one, and audio works just fine but the mic part does not work, i found how to configure the jack to read what i plug in as a headphone, headset, etc. but it didnt fix the problem. any help would be appreciated i just bought this mic to replace my broken one

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    >>>i just bought this mic to replace my broken one>>>

What brand/model was the broken headset? Some TRRS mic inputs are picky about using a PC headset vs an OMTP headset in which the grounds are switched. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• NobleCreatorr
    JackE said:
    >>>i just bought this mic to replace my broken one>>>

What brand/model was the broken headset? Some TRRS mic inputs are picky about using a PC headset vs an OMTP headset in which the grounds are switched. Jack E/NJ

My mic that was broken was thee exact same one, i just bought a new one to replace it

• JackE
    >>>My mic that was broken was thee exact same one, i just bought a new one to replace it>>>

(1) Did the old one work before it got broken?
    (2) If yes, did the old one somehow get broken at the same time it was plugged into the laptop's jack?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• NobleCreatorr
    JackE said:
    >>>My mic that was broken was thee exact same one, i just bought a new one to replace it>>>

(1) Did the old one work before it got broken?
    (2) If yes, did the old one somehow get broken at the same time it was plugged into the laptop's jack?

Jack E/NJ
    it was broken before i got this laptop, i never used it on here, it worked fine on my xbox controller back when it was still alive, then it died out
  • JackE
    Several reviews on this particular headset suggests that it only works on a PC for audio, not mic, unless you use Xbox One's controller & audio adapter and a PC software driver.  I'm not sure if it's a TB or MS driver. I suggest contacting TurtleBeach tech  support thru their contact webpage  and see what they have to offer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• NobleCreatorr
    JackE said:
    Several reviews on this particular headset suggests that it only works on a PC for audio, not mic, unless you use Xbox One's controller & audio adapter and a PC software driver.  I'm not sure if it's a TB or MS driver. I suggest contacting TurtleBeach tech  support thru their contact webpage  and see what they have to offer. Jack E/NJ

i did take off the mic part just now and plugged it in and it read it, it has a 3 pin plug in, maybe i need to buy a 4 to 3 one port converter?
  • JackE
    Can you post an image of what you're looking at? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ