NITRO 5 AN515-54 - Upgrade Memory, SSD?

IvanVR
IvanVR Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
My computer is full and needs to upgrade. I want to add 2 tb. Can I buy and install myself without losing warranty? What SDD do I need to buy for this laptop? 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    @IvanVR
    Yes, you can install by yourself but make sure no parts getting damaged inside the laptop.You can upgrade the hard drive till 2 GB. For the SSD you can go with sandisk ,kingston or WD

Storage Subsystem
    • Storage 1: M.2 2280/60/42 for SSD*2 (one is PCIe only, another is PCIe/SATA Co-lay)
    • Storage 2: 7/7.2mm co-lay (No HDD Door)
    • SATA HDD
    • Intel Optane Ready

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    There are several different SKUs for the Nitro 5, some come with just a HDD, some with SSD and some with both. You can put in the largest drives you can buy in each slot, but if your SKU didn't come with a HDD installed you might have to pick up the cable that goes between the motherboard and drive. Any drive changes will require opening the bottom of your computer, so if you don't have the proper anti-static tools you might want to take it to a technician who does.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.