any new drivers for Acer other than The "latest" one from 2017 Aspire R N15P6?

BrandonBoyd723
BrandonBoyd723 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
(model number is: N15P6)

I've been getting blue-screen errors that cause me to reboot occasionally, for over a year now, involving "video". My first inclination was obviously to update the video driver. There's also a notification that keeps popping up from the Intel Driver Assistant (that program came with the laptop, it's not something I just randomly decided to go download) saying there's a new video driver available ...but when I try and download it from them, they say I have to get it through Acer's website.

Except the newest one available that actually works for my Aspire R 14 from here, is dated back at June of 2017 (which really wasn't very long after I bought it, I'm sure they were still selling them at big box stores at that time). At least, unless it's hidden somewhere weird, and I can't find it.

I bought it at a Big Box store, on their credit card. So it's kind of disheartening to realize you're still paying for (and paying interest on) something that Acer apparently decided was obsolete, before you even went to the store and got one ...to say the least.

Best Answer

• BrandonBoyd723
    Answer ✓
    billsey said:
    Make sure you have the Acer driver version handy in case this causes problems (likely it won't, but better safe than sorry) and follow the instructions here to install the Intel version.
    Good man, I'll give it a shot. I didn't even know it was an option.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Make sure you have the Acer driver version handy in case this causes problems (likely it won't, but better safe than sorry) and follow the instructions here to install the Intel version.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BrandonBoyd723
    Answer ✓
    billsey said:
    Good man, I'll give it a shot. I didn't even know it was an option.

• BrandonBoyd723
    Seems to have worked! Thanks!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Sweet!  :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.