Acer appears to be charging but wont turn on

Hebers23
Hebers23 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have taken out the battery and press power for 20 seconds, put it right back on and plugged it and no luck, i have pressed the reset battery button on the back of the laptop and nothing, What could be wrong I think this happened because I let it plugged for some hours

Answers

• Balu
    Balu Ally Posts: 95

Sometimes, a residual electrical charge can keep your laptop from turning on. You can think of it as an "electricity clog." By performing the following steps, you effectively drain your laptop of any electricity and start over, which can result in it powering up.

1. Disconnect the AC adapter and remove the battery.
    2. Hold down the power button for thirty seconds to drain any residual power in the laptop.
    3. Without replacing the battery, plug the AC adapter back into the laptop.
    4. Press the power button to turn on your laptop.
    5. If the laptop powers on, shut down the laptop normally.
    6. When the laptop is powered down, put the battery back in the laptop.
    7. Power on the computer, and verify that it boots correctly.

If you have gone through all of the suggested troubleshooting steps listed above, and your laptop still does not turn on, the problem is likely caused by a hardware failure. More in-depth troubleshooting is required and a hardware repair may also be necessary to fix the problem.

We suggest contacting the manufacturer of the laptop for recommendations on how to get it repaired. You can also take your laptop to a computer repair shop, as they may be able to diagnose the issue and replace the faulty hardware.

If you like the answer click Accept.