What is this component on E5-473G motherboard?

jcramos
jcramos Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2019 in Aspire Laptops
Hi,
My E5-473G suddenly stopped working, when I try to turn it on, the Power light turns on, fan is on, HDD is on, in black screen,t it would cut power after 3 seconds. Also, the Charging light turns on when the charger is connected.

I've read different threads and tried different methods to fix the issue but to no avail.
Then upon disassembling the unit, I've noticed a component that is broken.

The code on the board reads PBJ101. If anyone can tell what this actually is, it would be a great help before sending the unit for repair.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder
    jcramos
    It is know as the RTC battery (CMOS)
    CMOS Battery gives 'backup power' to CMOS(Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) of a computer to keep some parameter values, eg: RTC(Real Time Clock). These primary parameters shall be used when the system gets booted again. Many computers use CMOS memory to hold current time and date.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning jcramos !

This connection is from the RCA battery that maintains power for Bios operation and configuration.

If you have the knowledge and tools, just a light weld will reassemble the connection.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• badmotorfinger
    badmotorfinger Member Posts: 1 New User
    @jcramos I'm experiencing the same on my laptop. Were you able to fix it?