No Customizable Lighting for Acer Predator Helios 300 Despite Advertising to the Contrary

Options
BugsLaughter
BugsLaughter Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I recently purchased an Acer Predator Helios 300 upon reviewing the product description located on the acer company web-page for this product located at https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-series/predatorhelios300. Upon purchasing the laptop I discovered that contrary to claims made by Acer that the 300 model includes customizable keyboard lighting, it in fact in reality, as of this date, does not. While customizable lighting is hardly the most important aspect when making the decision to buy a laptop or not, it is a part of the decision.

Acer falsely claimed to provide a product that functions a certain way. It does not. Given images of the PredatorSense program showing a customizable lighting selection on the Acer product web-page, assertions that customizable lighting would be available, and a keyboard representing 4 zone customizable lighting, I feel that I am entirely justified in this conclusion.

It’s analogous to selling a car as including seat warmers, driving it off the lot only to discover that there are no seat warmers. It’s just bad business and  it leaves customers feeling taken advantage of. Yes, using my analogy the car runs, but the seat warmers were part of the deal; a state of misrepresentation exists.

The reasons for the misrepresentation may be resultant from a few different possible scenarios being in place. At this juncture I would like to invite Acer to make this right by either updating the PredatorSense program to have the capability of adjusting keyboard lighting, or if that is not possible due to technical limitations, to remove the claim that the laptop supports customizable lighting from its product web-page. 

Comments