First linux boot Acer Nitro 5 AN 515-54

Options
CrS28
CrS28 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello, i'd like to recieve some help. I bought this laptop and when i tried to boot up for the first time this image pops up. And the trouble is the manual it's for windows 10 first boot, but this laptop has a linux OS. Can someone give me a clue please. I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,563 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>this laptop has a linux OS>>>

No, it's not booting into Linux. Shut the machine off. Then turn it back on and immediately press the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. What do you see on the Information tab and Boot tab? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ekupt
    Ekupt Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I'm having the same exact problem! Anyone came up with a solution or can give me a hand on this? just bought the PC today 
  • JackE
    Options
    If you're getting the same shell> prompt, this likely means that the HDD has no operating system so it won't boot. Shut the machine off by pressing and holding the power button. Then turn it back on and immediately press the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. What do you see on the Information tab and Boot tab? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ekupt
    Ekupt Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2019
    Options
    JackE , thank you so much for the fast answer. The information and boot tab are displayed like this. Does it mean that the boot-linux was badlly installed ? 

[Edited the image as personal or inappropriate content displayed. Acer-Harvey]
  • JackE
    Options
    Ekupt  >>>Does it mean that the boot-linux was badlly installed ?>>>

It might mean that either Linux was not installed or Linux installed in Legacy mode BIOS.   You can try to change from UEFI mode to Legacy mode in the BIOS boot tab to see if it will boot to Linux. You may have to first set a BIOS supervisor password to change from UEFI to Legacy. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Finknyan
    Finknyan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Have the same problem, can someone help me?
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Legacy option like many other are hidden from the end users, the good thing is that those hidden options can be changed from the efi shell( don`t do this unless you know what are you doing)
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158