Swift SF314-54G: Bluetooth gone, battery issue?

nathanielevan
nathanielevan Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-54G, and this machine has truly been causing me a lot of headache and frustration. For whatever reason now, my machine doesn't charge beyond 93-94% of its capacity (as indicated by the battery icon), and when it stops charging, the charging light just goes off instead of turning from orange to blue. Additionally, I can't seem to use Bluetooth anymore, it doesn't appear under Device Manager, and when I attempt to troubleshoot it, the troubleshooter simply says this device doesn't have a Bluetooth device installed -- this has been replicated under Ubuntu live-booted from USB. Current firmware is 1.14, but downgrading to 1.09 didn't help either. Help! 

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Hi, I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-54G, and this machine has truly been causing me a lot of headache and frustration. For whatever reason now, my machine doesn't charge beyond 93-94% of its capacity (as indicated by the battery icon), and when it stops charging, the charging light just goes off instead of turning from orange to blue. Additionally, I can't seem to use Bluetooth anymore, it doesn't appear under Device Manager, and when I attempt to troubleshoot it, the troubleshooter simply says this device doesn't have a Bluetooth device installed -- this has been replicated under Ubuntu live-booted from USB. Current firmware is 1.14, but downgrading to 1.09 didn't help either. Help! 
    Currently what the operating system in your device?
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • nathanielevan
    Rudy21 said:
    Currently what the operating system in your device?
    Windows 10 Home, version 1903.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    The battery capacity thing is just a need to recalibrate the battery, it will be farther and farther from accurate over time when it doesn't get a recalibration. You calibrate by doing full charge/discharge cycles several times. The Bluetooth issue is more problematic, Bluetooth and WiFi are on the same card and should either both work or both fail. Are you having any WiFi issues? If it's in warranty now would be a good time to contact Acer support and have them diagnose the Bluetooth issue. If you are out of warranty I'd be tempted to open it up and physically look at the card and it's antennas...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • nathanielevan
    edited November 2019
    billsey said:
    Are you having any WiFi issues?
    No, Wi-Fi works perfectly fine. I'm fairly convinced a bogus firmware update from Windows caused this, but since this machine is still under warranty, I'll try the Acer service center tomorrow.