Acer XF240H.... Is it LCD or LED???

btrox54
btrox54 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I'm well aware it says in the specs on every site that it is backlight LED, however I received mine in the mail today and in the manual it refers to the monitor as LCD at least 10 times. I'm assuming the screen is LCD with a LED back-light even though i've never heard of this. 

Answers

• btrox54
    In fact the cover of the Instruction manual says LCD MONITOR!!! WTF???? Why is the not mentioned literally ANYWHERE on the page when ordering??
  • Hi,
    Earlier LCD monitors came with TFT baclight which uses CCFL(Cool Compound Fluroscent) but nowadays they use LED(Light Emitting Diode), so LCD is same but the backlight technology has been changed to LED from CCFL.
  • btrox54
    Makes sense. Im pretty angry learning this. Nowhere on the site I ordered it from nor acer's own page does it ever mention LCD. Just LED backlight technology. Then you get the monitor open the manual and it says LCD literally every other sentence and never says anything about the "LED backlight tech." that the websites are boasting about. VERY MISLEADING!