NITRO 7 ( an715-51) FPS DROP WHEN UNPLUGGED. Is my product authentic

JAYWENC
JAYWENC Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
When plugged in fps is fine, but unplugged fps drops to 30. My friend's nitro 5 is totally fine with plugged and unplugged, fps remained at 130. Is everyone's nitro 7 same like mine? And the body of the labtop gets really hot! Is my product authentic?

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Actually your friends Nitro 5 is not fine, when on battery only CPU performance should be about half normal. Acer and most other manufacturers of gaming laptops recommend charging the battery to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEPING it plugged in while gaming. Gaming laptops should only reach high performance on power. Your friend may be in for a bad battery really soon.
    Please click YES if I have answered your question 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• meshswapnil
    meshswapnil Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    JAYWENC said:
    When plugged in fps is fine, but unplugged fps drops to 30. My friend's nitro 5 is totally fine with plugged and unplugged, fps remained at 130. Is everyone's nitro 7 same like mine? And the body of the labtop gets really hot! Is my product authentic?
    What specs do you have on your nitro ?
    The reason your nitro drops to 30fps is bcz of nvidia battery boost. you can disable the battery boost (Not recommended) in Geforce experience - settings - games - battery boost .