Acer Aspire TC-885-ACCFLi5O Desktop, 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8400, 8GB DDR4 + 16GB Optane Memory, 1TB

JohnBurns
JohnBurns Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Would it be possible for Acer or Intel, or both to offer a list of backup programs compatible (or how to make a program compatible) with Acer hdd +Optane memory pc's, like mine in the Question line?  It's  important to back up your pc, but trial and error often end in disaster.  I have tried Aomei Backupper, Ashampoo, EaseUs, Acronis, with bad results with backup or restore, or both.  I finally installed Macrium Reflect and it seems to be working both backup and restore at this point.  However, it would be a good customer relation strategy for Acer, or Intel to provide information to help customers in this area.  Please consider this. Thanks!   

Answers

• JudgeDred
    JudgeDred Member Posts: 1 New User

I personally use Shadow Protect Home from Storage Craft.  It was a great investment of $100 for a perpetual, one system license.  It does full image copies and provides a facility to restore those image backups by booting from a CD that it provides a facility to create.  I can back up my 126 GB system in about 20 minutes to a USB 3.0 external disk drive. 

It also has a facility for creating multi generation archives, automatically timed backups, incremental backups if your choose, backups of individual partitions if you have more than one partition on your system drive, ability to lift your system from one computer and drop it to another one and the ability to map a backup in case you want to retrieve individual files from an image copy.

The image copies are true and I have recovered my system several times from the backups.  I have not tried it with Optane memory, but they will give you a trial period, should you choose to use it.