Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

upgrade processor laptop acer 4755g i7 2630qm

sand1711sand1711 Posts: 10Member New User
my laptop acer 4755g i7 2630qm,can i upgrade my processor to i7 2860qm?

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,436ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    You can upgrade to i7-2820QM safely and it will work, you could try i7-2860qm at your own risk, it may work but I couldn't find anyone has done the upgrade.
    http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/Intel/Core_i7_Mobile/i7-2630QM.html
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • sand1711sand1711 Posts: 10Member New User
    oke thanks friends
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,436ACE Trailblazer
    You are welcome  :)
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • StevenGenStevenGen Posts: 68Member Devotee
    edited November 6
    The i7 2860QM will run on your 4755G as I've replaced this same CPU on a 5750G and it worked perfectly but and the only drawback is, that your system will run allot hotter in combination with the NVIDIA graphics, so I would get a laptop cooler and even drill some more vent holes into the chassis to give the CPU and GPU more ventilation.  
    StevenGen said:
    The i7 2860QM will run on your 4755G as I've replaced this same CPU on a 5750G and it worked perfectly but and the only drawback is, that your system will run allot hotter in combination with the NVIDIA graphics, so I would get a laptop cooler and even drill some more vent holes into the chassis to give the CPU and GPU more ventilation.  
    What do you mean right? I have tried it on the Acer 4755g black screen on the monitor, there is no display at all, can I see the specifications of your Acer 5750g laptop? chipset type, bios etc. thanks
    StevenGen
    What do you mean right? I have tried it on the Acer 4755g black screen on the monitor, there is no display at all, can I see the specifications of your Acer 5750g laptop? chipset type, bios etc. thanks