Screen settings Acer Predator XB241H

DairyBeat
DairyBeat Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
I'm from The Netherlands, and own this monitor since December 2018. I use it not for games, but as a desktop monitor with a Dell XPS 8930 computer only.
So far I've never been happy with the screen settings from this monitor, and I just can't get it right; it's either too bright or too dark!
Can you help please to get get the best settings out of this monitor? 

Comments

• rocky103
    rocky103 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Use the 'gaming' gamma setting for best color reproduction, also set color temperature setting to warm. My brightness is set at 45, contrast is set at 65. Saturation is 105. All other settings are is off & this gets rid of washed out look. I sometimes turn on the blue light remover at night. 60% reduction looks best. (Windows 10 has a built-in blue light reduction setting that can be set to come on at night & turn back on during the day. Blue light is good for you during the day apparently.)

The information below is well known to some, but I am posting it again in case someone else has similar questions.

There are drivers specifically for the Acer Predator XB241H monitor drivers software from Acer here:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6538?b=1

Applies to Windows 7 and Windows 8. There is none specdified for Windows 10 AFAIK --but Windows 10 has 'standard monitor' driver already in the OS. You can use the Acer Windows 7 driver in Windows 10 just fine, by updating the standard driver listed in Device Manager. Just extract it in a folder & then point device manager to the .icm file after you extract it. I prefer it over the standard monitor driver. These drivers are direct from manufacturer, of course.

Also, this site has many .icc monitor profiles as well as a monitor settings database said to be based on actual hardware calibration devices that are used in connection with pro reviews of monitors. There's one for Acer Predator XB241H that has 6500k color temperature, which is what you want. That 6500k color temperature profile makes a big difference: not too warm, not too cool. A big deal.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm

Follow the easy instructions on that web page in order to associate the 6500k .icc profile with Windows color management.